A nutrition education program. Conducted in Putnam County by Olivia Deason firstname.lastname@example.org, program assistant for UT Extension. Funding is from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service through a grant to the Tennessee Department of Human Services. TNCEP’s goal is to help limited-resource individuals and their families improve their diets.
- How to stretch your food dollar
- How to prepare good and nutritious food
- How to plan a balanced diet
- How to get kids to eat nutritious food
- The importance of a good diet and physical activity
- How to use a variety of foods.
TNCEP works with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients. Olivia works with Head Start programs, the public schools in Putnam county, food pantries, other eligible groups and individuals with health fair events. She delivers the programs many ways, including school programs, food demonstrations, group classes, hands-on learning experiences, educational displays handouts and newsletters. Good nutrition is an excellent health habit that can help you improve the quality of life for you and your family.